bridgeMLS Compliance Documents
To access the current bridgeMLS rules and regulation document, please click on the MLS Login button in the top menu. The link is available as "bridgeMLS Rules" in the Tools and Resource widget on ConnectMLS and the home page of Paragon.
2021 NAR MLS Standard Work Group Recommendations
Alleged Violations Report
A formal report of alleged MLS rules violation or inaccurate info
1. Sale Not Reported Within 3 Days - MLS Rule 10.2
• This violation includes pending and close of escrow.
Cooperating broker shall notify the listing broker of the pending/sold status within 3 days after acceptance
• Upon final closing, the listing broker shall report or input the listing in the MLS as "sold" within 3 days after the final closing date
• If a listing is entered for comparable purposes only, then “For Comp Purposes Only” shall appear in the first line of confidential remarks
2. Failure To Post - MLS Rule 11.5
• At least one (1) photo or graphic image of the front exterior of the property accurately displaying the listed property is required to be posted on the MLS with 1 day after submission of the listing in all categories other than business opportunity and Lots and Land.
• Use of photographs by a subsequent listing agent requires prior written authorization from the originating listing agent or appropriate party with the legal right to reproduce and display such photographs
3. Branding / Virtual Tours (unbranded vs branded) - MLS Rule 11.5 & 12.5
• “For Sale” photo signs posted on the MLS with contact information, is prohibited. Landmarks are allowed
• Shopping center, coffee shop, grocery store is prohibited
• Branded virtual tours will be permitted in the Branded Virtual Tour field in Paragon
4. Failure To Enter Accurate Information - MLS Rule 7.1 & 8.3
• All listings input into the MLS shall be complete in every detail as specified on the property profile sheet including full gross listing price, listing expiration date, etc. etc.
• Listings that are incomplete shall be ineligible for publication in the MLS and subject to immediate removal.
• A Participant or Subscriber is required to correct inaccurate information within 2 days after being notified of the inaccuracies by the MLS
5. Misuse Of Public Remarks - MLS Rule 12.5
• Information in the public remarks shall only relate to the marketing, description and condition of the property.
• No contact information, names, phone numbers, email addresses, website addresses (including virtual tours and transaction tracking URLs), lockbox, alarm, gate, security codes, vacancy, etc.
• Compensation or bonuses offered to cooperating brokers can not be included in public remarks.
6. Showing Access - MLS Rule 9.1.1
• Properties entered into the system must be available to show within 3 days subject to any tenants rights or unless seller indicates otherwise in writing.
• Provide SELM and input listing once ready for show.
7. Churning Of Listings / Re Listings - MLS Rule 7.26
• Manipulation of listing data, which misleads the public, participants and subscribers, is not permitted.
• Only when the listing Participant/Subscriber has signed a new listing agreement with the seller, shall the Participant/Subscriber be permitted to relist the property in the MLS as a “new” listing.
• Only when a property has been off the market for more than thirty (30) days will the days on the listing start at zero (0). Applies to withdrawals, cancellations, extensions, expiration and /or other modifications to listing agreement.
Below, you will find frequently asked questions regarding MLS Rules. Please feel free to look through some of our most popular questions.
However, if you do not see a solution to your problem, please contact bridgeMLS support, and we would be more than happy to assist you!
Frequently Asked Questions
MLS Rules & Regulations
What can I put in the public remarks?
The Public Remarks are used for a physical description of the property, open house information, and any information that effects a tenant, such as "do not disturb tenants". All other information must be entered in the Confidential Remarks.
Can I load a listing for comparable purposes only?
Yes. Bridge MLS allows listings to be loaded for comps purposes, but only after the listing has closed escrow. Please refer to Bridge MLS rules and regulations 10.2 for more information.
Do I have to upload a photo to my listings even though it is Pending?
Which lock box is okay to use?
Can I advertise another Broker's listings on Craigslist or Facebook?
It is against MLS Rules and Regulations (see section 12.8) to advertise another Broker's listings without written permission.
Can I state there is an extra bonus incentive for the listing?
How long do I have to mark a listing sold on the MLS?
I have a secretary that will be helping me with my listings. Does he/she need to become a member in order for his/her contact information to be on my listings?
Yes. If you wish to have your admin's contact information in the Confidential Remarks of your listing, they must join as an Admin/Secretary. This is very beneficial as they can also load and maintain your listings. You can contact your local Association for membership fees.