Periodically, bridgeMLS updates its Rules and Regulations to incorporate C.A.R. Model Rules and reflect business cycles and new trends in Real Estate. Please take the time to review the documents carefully.
Brokers and office managers should consider printing a copy of the MLS Rules and posting on the bulletin board for all participants and subscribers to view. You may also find bridgeMLS' 'Rules and Regulations' on Paragon.
1. Sale Not Reported Within 3 Days - MLS Rule 10.2
• This violation includes pending and close of escrow.
Cooperating broker shall notify the listing broker of the pending/sold status within 3 days after acceptance
• Upon final closing, the listing broker shall report or input the listing in the MLS as "sold" within 3 days after the final closing date
• If a listing is entered for comparable purposes only, then “For Comp Purposes Only” shall appear in the first line of confidential remarks
2. Failure To Post - MLS Rule 11.5
• At least one (1) photo or graphic image of the front exterior of the property accurately displaying the listed property is required to be posted on the MLS with 1 day after submission of the listing in all categories other than business opportunity and Lots and Land.
• Use of photographs by a subsequent listing agent requires prior written authorization from the originating listing agent or appropriate party with the legal right to reproduce and display such photographs
3. Branding / Virtual Tours (unbranded vs branded) - MLS Rule 11.5 & 12.5
• “For Sale” photo signs posted on the MLS with contact information, is prohibited. Landmarks are allowed
• Shopping center, coffee shop, grocery store is prohibited
• Branded virtual tours will be permitted in the Branded Virtual Tour field in Paragon
4. Failure To Enter Accurate Information - MLS Rule 7.1 & 8.3
• All listings input into the MLS shall be complete in every detail as specified on the property profile sheet including full gross listing price, listing expiration date, etc. etc.
• Listings that are incomplete shall be ineligible for publication in the MLS and subject to immediate removal.
• A Participant or Subscriber is required to correct inaccurate information within 2 days after being notified of the inaccuracies by the MLS
5. Misuse Of Public Remarks - MLS Rule 12.5
• Information in the public remarks shall only relate to the marketing, description and condition of the property.
• No contact information, names, phone numbers, email addresses, website addresses (including virtual tours and transaction tracking URLs), lockbox, alarm, gate, security codes, vacancy, etc.
• Compensation or bonuses offered to cooperating brokers can not be included in public remarks.
6. Showing Access - MLS Rule 9.1.1
• Properties entered into the system must be available to show within 3 days subject to any tenants rights or unless seller indicates otherwise in writing.
• Provide SELM and input listing once ready for show.
7. Churning Of Listings / Re Listings - MLS Rule 7.26
• Manipulation of listing data, which misleads the public, participants and subscribers, is not permitted.
• Only when the listing Participant/Subscriber has signed a new listing agreement with the seller, shall the Participant/Subscriber be permitted to relist the property in the MLS as a “new” listing.
• Only when a property has been off the market for more than thirty (30) days will the days on the listing start at zero (0). Applies to withdrawals, cancellations, extensions, expiration and /or other modifications to listing agreement.
Below, you will find frequently asked questions regarding MLS Rules. Please feel free to look through some of our most popular questions.
However, if you do not see a solution to your problem, please contact bridgeMLS support, and we would be more than happy to assist you!
What is the difference between bridgeMLS, Paragon and Bridge AOR?"bridgeMLS: A data base where realtors can input listing information for verification and syndication purposes. Paragon: The software platform that bridgeMLS uses to house listing information and provide an intuitive user interface where realtors can input and search data with ease OBAR: An association whom's mission is to support realtors and home ownership rights.
How do I join Bridge MLS?Complete and submit a bridgeMLS application to your nearest bridgeMLS service center. You may walk-in to get the application, send it by fax, or by email.
How long does it take to become a bridgeMLS member?It takes about 1-3 business days to become a bridgeMLs member.
What is included with my membership?Member Benefits ------------------- bridgeMLS takes pride in offering our members programs and services at no additional charge. As a member of bridgeMLS you will have access to the products listed below. Additional detail related to the available applications is provided on the following pages. Access to the Paragon MLS system which covers Alameda and Contra Costa counties. Access to 8 data share partner MLS systems, extending your coverage throughout the Bay Area and beyond. BAREIS CRMLS Metro list MLS Listings Nevada County Association of REALTORS SFAR Sandicor MLS Nevada County MLS Paragon CA Edition Cloud CMA Cloud MLX Cloud Streams MLS Charts Area Locator Assume Identity IDX Listing Book ListHub Find New HomeSource Professional RatePlug CRS TAX Disclosures.IO Real Safe Agent Real Time MLS Key Boom Collaboration Center Mobile Apps Homesnap HomeSpotter Training For your convenience, classes are hosted at each of our service centers. Attend as often as you need. A list of available training courses with descriptions is available on bridgeMLS.com. Click on the 'Member Benefits' tab or, to access the current course schedule and to register, log on to your Member Portal.
Do open house comments from Paragon appear on Zillow?Yes both open house and broker tour comments appear on Zillow. Redfin displays just open house comments.
Can both co-listing agents maintain a file?Only the listing agent has access to maintain the file. To have a 2nd agent access the file complete and submit the Assume Identity Authorization form located on bridgeMLS website. The authorization will remain in effect until you cancel it.
How do I set the default to a previous version of the Agent Listing report?From Preferences, choose System In System Preferences folder click Result Options (highlighted below) Click Default Double Click Report (highlighted) open menu and choose preferred report. (Keep in mind, you can view the actual report style displayed from your spreadsheet results and clicking on the REPORTS button when viewing search results.)
What external sites receive Paragon Listings?Zillow, Trulia, redfin, realtors.com and all of listhub.com's sites can receive Paragon listing feeds. Brokers determine which site(s) they want to show their listings on. Brokers have the ability to opt out of Zillow and Trulia syndication. If you have questions regarding listhub please contact your broker or listhub.com.
How many photos can be uploaded?Currently, 40 images can be added to a listing.
What email should my clients add to their email contacts list to ensure-delivery to their in-box?Advise your clients to add email@example.com to their address book.